April 7th, 2023
Most open source projects get abandoned after a while. But these 5 open source survey tools are still alive and kicking in 2024.
Looking for the perfect open source survey tool to help you gather valuable insights and improve your business? Look no further!
We've compiled a list of the top 5 open source form and survey tools that are still maintained in 2024. In app surveys, conversational bots, AI-generated surveys: These open source tools offer various features that cater to different needs.
1. Formbricks - In app micro surveys
Formbricks is a powerful open source survey tool designed to help you get better experience data for your business. This tool allows you to survey specific customer segments at any point in the user journey, providing you with invaluable insights into what your customers think and feel about your product.
- 👍 Pre-segment users: Don't ask everyone, all the time. Granularly segment your user base to get deep insights
- 👍 Event-based surveys: Trigger surveys based on user behavior, such as page views, clicks, and more
- 👍 Extensive template library: Choose from a wide range of templates to create surveys that answer your question
- 👍 Easy self-hosting: Docker makes it possible to self-host Formbricks in minutes.
- ⚠️ It's early for Formbricks. Product developes rapidly but might encounter a bug here and there.
2. SurveyJS - Build-it-yourself library
- 👍 Analytics: A dashboard to analyze survey and form results
- 👍 Editor: A visual editor to create surveys and forms
- 👍 PDF: A library to render survey and form rersults as PDF
- ⚠️ Pricing: Starts at $499 / year
3. Typebot - Truly conversational forms
Coming in at number three on our list is Typebot, that makes it really easy to create conversational forms and surveys. Typebot helps you engage with your audience in a more interactive way, leading to higher response rates and better data. It comes with:
- 👍 A slick visual editor to create conversational forms and surveys
- 👍 A library to render conversational forms and surveys on your website
- 👍 A dashboard to analyze survey and form results
- 👍 Lots of integrations to pipe your data to
- ⚠️ Limited to conversational forms. If you need more classical forms, this might not be the right tool for you.
4. OpnForm - Straight-forward survey builder
OpnForms is a flexible and powerful open source form and survey tool designed to make data collection easy and efficient. OpnForm packs lots of features, especially for a Beta:
- 👍 Multiple Question Types: Choose from a wide variety of question types to create highly customizable forms and surveys.
- 👍 Conditional Logic: Show or hide questions based on previous responses to create personalized surveys.
- 👍 Export Data: Easily export collected data in various formats for further analysis.
- ⚠️ The UI is a bit stuffed and not very intuitive.
5. LimeSurvey - Old (but gold?)
LimeSurvey has been around for at least a decade. It's a powerful survey tool made for more classical, scientific surveying. It packs:
- 👍 Multilingual Surveys: Create surveys in multiple languages to reach a global audience.
- 👍 Extensive Question Types: Choose from a wide range of question types to create highly engaging surveys.
- 👍 Advanced Logic: Utilize advanced survey logic features to personalize your surveys and capture more accurate data.
- 👍 Survey Templates: Start with pre-built survey templates to save time and effort.
- ⚠️ Very old-fashioned UI: The product is quite the opposite of slick and user-friendly.
In this article, we've rounded up the top 5 open source form and survey tools that are still rocking it in 2024. Perfect for devs who are always on the lookout for the latest and greatest!
Formbricks: A game-changer for in app micro surveys, letting you target specific customer segments at any point in their journey. It's still early days, but this bad boy is worth keeping an eye on.
Typebot: Make your forms and surveys truly conversational with Typebot's slick visual editor and user-friendly interface. Just note that it's limited to conversational forms.
OpnForm: A flexible and powerful tool that's all about making data collection simple and efficient. It's still in Beta, so the UI might not be super polished, but it's packed with features.
LimeSurvey: An oldie but a goldie. This veteran survey tool is perfect for more traditional, scientific surveying. Just be prepared to deal with its old-fashioned UI.
Take a peek at these tools, and we're sure you'll find one that suits your needs. Happy surveying!