In-app Interview Prompt
The Interview Prompt allows you to pick a specific user segment (e.g. Power Users) and invite them to a user interview. Bye, bye spammy email invites, benefit from up to 6x more respondents.
Product analytics and in-app surveys are incomplete without user interviews. Set the scheduling on autopilot for a continuous stream of interviews.
- Pre-segment users with custom attributes. Only invite highly relevant users.
- In-app prompts have a 6x higher conversion rate than email invites.
- Set scheduling user interviews on auto pilot.
- Soon: Integrate directly with your Cal.com account.
To display an Interview Prompt in your app you want to proceed as follows:
- Create new Interview Prompt at app.formbricks.com
- Adjust content and settings
- That’s it! 🎉
1. Create new Interview Prompt
If you don't have an account yet, create one at app.formbricks.com
Click on "Create Survey" and choose the template “Interview Prompt”:
2. Update prompt and CTA
Update the prompt, description and button text to match your products tonality. You can also update the button color in the Product Settings.
In the button settings you have to make sure it is set to “External URL”. In the URL field, copy your booking link (e.g. https://cal.com/company/user-interview). If you don’t have a booking link yet, head over to cal.com and get one - they have the best free plan out there!
Save, and move over to the “Audience” tab.
3. Pre-segment your audience (coming soon)
Once you clicked over to the “Audience” tab you can change the settings. In the Who To Send card, select “Filter audience by attribute”. This allows you to only show the prompt to a specific segment of your user base.
In our case, we want to select users who we have assigned the attribute “Power User”. To learn how to assign attributes to your users, please follow this guide.
Great, now only the “Power User” segment will see our Interview Prompt. But when will they see it?
4. Set up a trigger for the Interview Prompt:
To create the trigger to show your Interview Prompt, go to the “Audience” tab, find the “When to send” card and choose “Add Action”. We will now use our super cool No-Code User Action Tracker:
Generally, we have two types of user actions: Page views and clicks. The Interview Prompt, you’ll likely want to display on a page visit since you already filter who sees the prompt by attributes.
- pageURL: Whenever a user visits a page the survey will be displayed, as long as the other conditions match. Other conditions are pre-segmentation, if this user has seen a survey in the past 2 weeks, etc.
- innerText & CSS-Selector: When a user clicks an element (like a button) with a specific text content or CSS selector, the prompt will be displayed as long as the other conditions also match.
5. Select action in the “When to ask” card
6. Set Recontact Options correctly
Scroll down to “Recontact Options”. Here you have to choose the correct settings to strike the right balance between asking for user feedback and preventing survey fatigue. Your settings also depend on the size of your user base or segment. If you e.g. have thousands of “Power Users” you can easily afford to only display the prompt once. If you have a smaller user base you might want to ask twice to get a sufficient amount of bookings: