Improve Trial Conversion
When a user doesn't convert, you want to know why. A micro-survey displayed at exactly the right time gives you a window into understanding the most relevant question: To pay or not to pay?
The better you understand why free users don’t convert to paid users, the higher your revenue. You can make an informed decision about what to change in your offering to make more people pay for your service.
- Ask at exactly the right point in time
- Ask to understand the problem, don’t ask for solutions
To display the Trial Conversion Survey in your app you want to proceed as follows:
- Create new Trial Conversion Survey at app.formbricks.com
- Set up the user action to display survey at right point in time
- Print that 💸
1. Create new Trial Conversion Survey
If you don't have an account yet, create one at app.formbricks.com
Click on "Create Survey" and choose the template “Improve Trial Conversion”:
2. Update questions (if you like)
You’re free to update the questions and answer options. However, based on our experience, we suggest giving the provided template a go 😊
Want to change the button color? You can do so in the product settings!
Save, and move over to the “Audience” tab.
3. Pre-segment your audience (coming soon)
Pre-segmentation isn't relevant for this survey because you likely want to solve all people who cancel their trial. You probably have a specific user action e.g. clicking on "Cancel Trial" you can use to only display the survey to users trialing your product.
4. Set up a trigger for the Trial Conversion Survey:
How you trigger your survey depends on your product. There are two options:
- Trigger by pageURL: Let’s say you have a page under “/trial-cancelled” where you forward users once they cancelled the trial subscription. You can then create an user Action with the type
pageURLwith the following settings:
Whenever a user visits this page, the survey will be displayed ✅
- Trigger by Button Click: In a different case, you have a “Cancel Trial button in your app. You can setup a user Action with the according
Please have a look at our complete Actions manual if you have questions.
5. Select Action in the “When to ask” card
6. Last step: Set Recontact Options correctly
Lastly, scroll down to “Recontact Options”. Here you have to choose the correct settings to make sure you gather as many insights as possible. You want to make sure that this survey is always displayed, no matter if the user has already seen a survey in the past days: