Formbricks offers two types of APIs: the Public Client API and the Management API. Each API serves a different purpose, has different authentication requirements, and provides access to different data and settings.
Checkout the API Key Setup - to generate, store, or delete API Keys.
- Actions API - Create actions for a person
- Displays API - Mark Survey as Displayed or Responded for a Person
- People API - Create & update people (e.g. attributes)
- Responses API - Create & update responses for a survey
The Management API provides access to all data and settings that are visible in the Formbricks App. This API requires a personal API Key for authentication, which can be generated in the Settings section of the Formbricks App. With the Management API, you can manage your Formbricks account programmatically, accessing and modifying data and settings as needed.
Auth: Personal API Key
API requests made to the Management API are authorized using a personal API key. This key grants the same rights and access as if you were logged in at formbricks.com. It's essential to keep your API key secure and not share it with others.
To generate, store, or delete an API key, follow the instructions provided on the following page API Key.
- Action Class API - Create, Update, and Delete Action Classes
- Attribute Class API - Create, Update, and Delete Attribute Classes
- Me API - Retrieve Account Information
- People API - Create, Update, and Delete People
- Responses API - Create, Update, and Delete Responses
- Surveys API - Create, Update, and Delete Surveys
- Webhook API - Create, Update, and Delete Webhooks